Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission has two permanent part-time opportunities for
Transfer Station Operators to join our team at the Prentiss Transfer Site, working 3 days (24 hours) per week each.
The start date will be December 1st, 2023.
Position #1 is Monday to Wednesday, from 9am - 5pm.
Position #2 is Thursday to Saturday, from 9am - 5pm.
The Transfer Station Site Operator is responsible for:
- assisting, directing and educating customers in proper waste disposal methods;
- managing the burn pit and changing out the bins;
- maintaining the cleanliness of the site;
- recycling mattresses;
- conducting visual inspections of loads as needed to prevent disposal of prohibited materials;
- performing minor preventative maintenance duties, such as greasing and oiling;
- participating in workplace safety initiatives and meetings, and reporting to work fit for duty;
- operating the scales to properly weight vehicles, and;
- performing other related work as assigned.
See PDF file for more information: Transfer station operator 2023 - part time positions 1 and 2.pdf