LAND FOR LEASE
Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission invites tenders for the lease of the following lands located in Lacombe County.
· W1/2 7-40-25-W4M containing approximately ±191.00 acres
· If the proposed Compost Facility is approved, the total acreage will be reduced to ±162.00 acres
The lessee will be required to enter into a lease agreement with Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission, which will include, but not be limited to, the following terms and conditions:
1. The 5-year lease term for all properties commences April 1, 2023 and expires March 31, 2028.
(See attached map)
2. Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission may require a portion of the land for land fill operations and a proposed compost facility during the term of the agreement and reserves the right to reduce the farmable acres in the agreement.
3. The lessee is responsible for payment of property taxes.
4. Annual lease payments are to be made on or before April 1.
5. The lessee agrees to submit a cropping rotation plan to Administration at Lacombe Regional Waste Services by May 1 of each year that complies with generally accepted agricultural practices. Canola may only be planted one of every three years. The Commission reserves the right to reject any cropping plan that may not be beneficial to the long-term viability of the land. This will be determined by the Commission Manager and/or the Lacombe County Agricultural Field man and his decision will be final. Failure to comply with the approved cropping rotation plan will result in termination of the lease. Current crop is roundup ready canola.
6. The lessee agrees to provide the Commission with a summary of all pesticides applied on the land each year. This plan must be submitted to the Administration at Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission by November 1st of each year.
7. In the event the lessee fails to make property tax and/or lease payments as required, the lease may be terminated.
Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission reserves the right to reject any or all tenders or to accept any tender which may be considered to be in the best interests of the Commission.
Tenders will be received at Lacombe Regional Waste Services Commission Administration Office at Prentiss Site (Civic Address: 40123 Rge Rd 260) mailing address: RR 4, Site 3, Box 18, Lacombe, AB T4L 2N4 until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 19, 2022.
For more information, contact:
Jay Hohn or Alissa Lundie